Coaching is a way of having conversations with someone else that are safe, supportive and challenging. Designed to be a thought-provoking and creative process to help you to maximise your personal and professional potential.
The purpose is to enhance the huge beneﬁts to people who have coaching, particularly at times of change. You might see a coach as the way to improve how you relate to circumstances, to achieve goals or to explore new ways of approaching situations.
“Practise with a coach not your customer.”
Common benefits people experience from coaching include:
- Better engagement and performance
- Organisational effectiveness
- Improved sense of direction and focus
- Increased knowledge of self and self-awareness
- Enhanced ability to relate to and inﬂuence others
- Stronger motivation
- Improved performance effectiveness
- Increased resourcefulness
- Greater conﬁdence
Central to the philosophy of coaching is a belief in the potential of the person being coached to improve their performance and develop their own solutions. While the coach need not be a technical expert in aspects of your work, they must have credibility to build an effective partnership with you.